Fourier Analysis is a mathematical tool which can do a number of things: separate out signals from noise; help identify patterns or trends in data; filter out all unwanted data and focus on a single signal; use approximations to make generalizations; make approximations of real world signals (think electronic music); combine harmonics to get a stronger signal. That's what I'll be trying to do here!! Won't you join me with your comments?

Monday, July 16, 2007

Love at First Sight...

Flashback 21+ years...

Maybe it was the jet lag. Maybe it was just a side effect of the new adventure I had started. It certainly wasn't a romantic setting or anything I had expected in any way.

But on my first day on the job in Germany, in the office next door to where I worked, I was hit by a bolt of lightning. My heart started pounding harder and faster. I felt giddy. I couldn't speak coherently. I just smiled like a maniac and could hardly take my eyes off of one the to engineers in the department I would be working in. Later, I asked the secretary who was guiding me around if he was single. You have no idea how out of character this was for me. But I was giggly and stupid and this just was not normal.

It has not been an easy relationship. Not the start. Not the adjustments. Dr. Phil has yet to do a segment on cross-cultural relationship difficulties. His producers should call me if he ever does as I have stories.... I don't know if this was "love at first sight". It certainly was the start of something, as we celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary this month. And sometimes, when I am not really thinking about it, something will happen and I will look at him and feel the same feelings, the same giddiness, the same heart palpitations.

Whatever you call it, it's mighty fine.

4 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary and congratulations!

Jenn in Holland said...

Mighty fine indeed. Happy 19 years! We are right behind ya...

anno said...

That love at first sight is pretty powerful stuff -- Hope you have a wonderful anniversary!

Real Life Drama Queen said...

Happy Anniversary!! Not everyone can say love hit them like lightning ;o)