1. Solar System Coloring Book This is a 13 page coloring book in PDF format, with pictures and associated information on the Solar System. It covers the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Asteroids, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto and Comets. Learn about the Solar System and color all its planets at the same time. Ages 6 up.
2. Nine (Eight) Planets Solar System Tour A multimedia tour of the Solar System. My favorite place to start with kids in the astronomy classes I teach! Warning, they can spend hours at this site, I know because I have! Ages 8 & up.
3. Astronomy for Kids Not as extensive as #2, but some fun simple explanations. Under the "Your Page" section, kids can email questions that are answered online. Ages 6 & up, but should be able to read.
4. Greatest Photos from Hubble Space Telescope Some fantastic photos!
5. Astronomy Photo of the Day Every day a new picture. Every day something new to marvel at!
6. Kids Astronomy A little bit higher level but has some fun games. Ages 8 & up.
7. NASA's Kid Site Of course NASA also has a special site for kids and it has great activities, games, contests and info about upcoming launches, etc. Great for budding scientists and astronauts! Ages 8 & up.
8. Starchild for Young Astronomers Another NASA sponsored site, with two different levels. Ages 8 & up.
9. Imagine the Universe! A NASA site for older kids. Ages 14 & up.
10. Space Kids Yet another NASA site, but a bit more technical and science oriented. Ages 10 & up.
11. Amazing Space Along with a short video monthly guide to features in the night sky (mentioned in this blog) this site also offers homework help, simple science experiments and investigations, and great games. Ages 10 & up.
12. Astronomy Unbound More of a site for experienced computer users, but worth the effort for those with a serious interest. Ages 10 & up.
13. Zoom Astronomy Various activities about the Solar System Ages 8 & up.
14. ESA for kids The European Space Agency's kids site. Not as extensive as NASA's but tells about European satellites and activities. Ages 8 & up.
15. BBC Science & Nature: Space In the great BBC style, another site to spend hours exploring. Again for experienced computer users, but some fun games. And the other links on the site to the Science & Nature sites are also great. Ages 10 & up.
What? That's 15 already? Oh well, will save the rest for another post!! Have fun exploring!
If you want to visit other Friday Fifteen entries, check out this site!