Fourier Analysis is a mathematical tool which can do a number of things: separate out signals from noise; help identify patterns or trends in data; filter out all unwanted data and focus on a single signal; use approximations to make generalizations; make approximations of real world signals (think electronic music); combine harmonics to get a stronger signal. That's what I'll be trying to do here!! Won't you join me with your comments?
Friday, August 24, 2007
15 "DaddyBlogs" worth a visit
1. & 2. The View From Here and Real Dads, both by the (in)famous Gunfighter, as macho as they come with his crime-fightin' self, he's a real softie at heart and a conscious and concerned father. The first blog he addresses many other topics than fatherhood, but his family still makes it into this blog on a regular basis. The second is an unabashed celebration of fatherhood.
3. Dad Gone Mad I sympathize with this guy's wife in a lot of his blogs. I read his male perspective and know that she is just shaking her head in frustration. But it does make for a good laugh, especially his solo-Daddy adventures.
4. My Grimm Reality The flip side to Leslie's My Mommy's Place , Dave's blog often tells the same story but from his perspective. You just know that if they don't manage to drive each other crazy, they have a fun marriage! He also does some great takes on fatherhood.
5. Greg's Random Bits Often more about his personal views than family issues, but still he demonstrates a middle-aged father's perspective on a number of issues.
6. View From the Cloud Another Dad's perspective on life, this time refreshingly G-rated, with the effects of the defective X-chromosome that make it so funny for Mom's to read.
7. Riley Central Not only a Dad, but also an elementary school teacher, Damien's better half also has a great MommyBlog Party of Five.
8. Chocolate Makes It Better You gotta love a guy who uses this as his blog tittle! It let's you overlook the swearing!
9. Dadcentric Not just one, but a group of Dad's. Makes for a real wide range of topics especially as they seem to try and one-up one another (as men do...)!
10. MetroDad A serious NYC-er, which means his world is several dimensions away from anything I've ever known. But his angst and frustrations are still things I can relate to and he is funny!
11. Where boys Fear to Tread A stay-at-home Dad's perspective. Most of his comments are from other Dad's, many of them only 1 or 2 words! Viva la difference!
12. Pirate Papa A true anarchist with some interesting views. At times the "pirate style" can be a bit over the top, but it's still a good read!
13. An Open Letter writes an open letter to his son Michael. Touching, funny, slice-of-life moments. (I started journals to my daughters years ago along the same lines, but didn't get past age 4 with either of them.)
14.Dad Daily is a social network where a number of Dads submit blogs. It is generally pretty G-rated and has different member groups. What I like best is the variety of topics that are written about.
15.DadLabs This site has various videos by Dads. Some are really hilarious and a level above YouTube as there seems to be little men like better than playing with their high-tech toys. It's nice to know that even SuperDad has his troubles!
As I often just lurk and don't comment, a few of these fellas may be surprised at their inclusion here. If they check Technorati then I have just outed myself (Hi guys!). Or if you visit and leave a comment, tell them I said "Hello"!
For other Friday Fifteen lists, please visit links available from this site: